Sunday, December 21, 2008

Blessings

J can hear! It is something that I knew but he is very difficult to test due to his visual impairment. People with low vision or blindness often don't turn their head toward the source of a sound like you or I would. Add in his motor planning problems and his other processing issues...well, you get the idea.

This is a picture of J before he went in for his ABR test on Friday. He had to be sedated for the test. It is the same one that they give to newborns in the hospital. Based on this and other tests he had last week, the mechanics of his hearning are within the normal range. Auditory processing may be an issue but we are very blessed that he can hear!

I love that they put an ID bracelet on his blanket since it was going into the procedure room with him. It is around "Woofie's" neck like a dog collar. It is still on there since I think it is so funny.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: