Thursday, August 12, 2010

Squid dogs and middle child syndrome



Dalai Lina, please look away. The following post shows pictures of highly processed hot dogs and white flour pasta...


This is what my middle child has been begging to have for lunch. I made them once after I saw it in Family Fun magazine. I only had two hot dogs and I knew the other boys would eat last night's leftovers. Sooooo, I am indulging my middle child in a not so subconscious attempt to battle middle child syndrome.


I feel bad for William sometimes. He is in between a VERY high maintenance older brother with a strong personality and a younger brother with special needs. William was born with an easy going personality and I thank God for him every day. I've read about birth order traits and I know it is important to make the middle child feel special and give him individual attention.


Some of my favorite people are middles, including my fabulous brother-in-law and his adorable middle son. William's BFF is a middle and they play awesome together. No fights between the compromising middles.


I think he is going to turn out just fine.


Also, did you notice his front teeth are growing in? After 5 years without one of his front teeth, he will finally have a full set of chompers!

2 comments:

Sara Farrar Photography said...

that is so gross-looking! my kids would LOVE it!

Jason Gibson said...

Melanie, Thanks for your kind words. Your medium will do just fine. I love being the middle. It's just as special as being the oldest and the baby for sure :-). Love, J