Friday, September 17, 2010

AFOs

Then


Now (with his cool flame converse shoes)

I just took two pairs of John's old AFOs (ankle foot orthodics) to his fabulous orthopedist at Children's Mercy to be used during a future medical mission. I already donated his last pair when he was fitted for the new pair. I bronzed one from his very first pair. So that means John is in his 5th pair of orthodics in 4 1/2 years. Wow.
I pray that these sweet little shoes find their way to little toddlers and little children so that their muscles can grow stronger with extra support like Johnny's did. I am so grateful that I live in a country with the resources necessary to help my child. I am so thankful that we have good insurance thanks to my husband who works very hard. I am thankful that I live in a city with a top Children's hospital including a satellite hospital one mile from my house. I am so thankful for John's continuing progress and all the people who work with him.
For some reason I was overwhelmed by emotion today as a result of these little shoes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: