Monday, September 20, 2010

Random Thoughts, Sept 20

First of all, I have a new favorite person in my life. My darling niece Grace was born last Wednesday. Aunt of the year keeps forgetting her camera when we go over so I still don't have pictures to post and I am NOT going to ask a new mom to email them to me. Check her link to the right======>>

She is adorable and Luke is so cute with her. I love it.

Secondly, John Holt is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Apparently we are on the same workout schedule and we lift or do core work together about once or twice a week. Funny, because if you asked me what my workout schedule was I wouldn't be able to tell you. But everytime I do weights, I do them with John Holt. I feel like waving 3 fingers in the air like it is Wichita in the 1980s. (If you don't know what I am talking about, you didn't live in Wichita in the 80s. If you don't know who John Holt is then you don't live in KC now. He is a newscaster on Fox).




We have a banter where he teases me about stealing the metal bars that go in the weight machines. He seems so sincerely nice to everyone he talks to. He also has super skinny legs, FYI. I started thinking that being that nice could be considered a liability when you are making career choices:

Should I be a lawyer? No, too nice. Customer Service rep? No, again too nice. Stay at home mom? No, WAY too nice for that line of work. I guess I'll be on TV.

Lastly, I think John (Gibson, not Holt) got me a free watch battery today. The very sweet man working at Interstate Battery on 95th street told me Merry Christmas after he put in the battery. I'm not sure if it was the way I was chasing John all over the store, or maybe he noticed Johnny's challenges, or maybe he has a grandchild that John reminded him of. Or maybe it was because John kept pulling my shirt down when I reached down to try to keep him off of the floor. Anyway, it saved me $4.

1 comment:

Sara Farrar Photography said...

at least you got a freebee! wow. you make me laugh. miss seeing you!